Tuesday, January 27, 2009

PICTURES!

This is Hotel de Ville with the skating rink in front of it.


Yes those are rats hanging in the window. This is also the same shop shown on Ratatouille, just in case you were wondering if really existed.


These poster are all over and they are disgusting, there are a few prego women on it. Lucky a lot of them have been torn down by random Frenchies who don't like them either.


My cousin Sydney decided she wanted to be in the picture with Notre Dame in the background.


I was so excited to get some pictures of the Eiffel Tower at sunset!

I think this is now one of my best ones


View from the center



There are carousels all over Paris this one just looked cool with the sunsetting, and the car just had to in it.

I took as many pictures as I could while I was walking by it.

This is the view from the other side on the terrace of a building I remember the name for.


If you look through the bottom of the Eiffel Tower on the other side is the military school, occasionally they will have marches, but I have yet to see one.



I like it ok

Eiffel Tower again


I think the French police are hilarious because most of them wear shin guards!

I went ice skating with my cousins in front of Hotel de Ville. The roof of the building sparkles all night long.

It is amazing if you look in the trees there are a bunch of lights! These lights are all over town hanging across streets.



While we were walking in the rain we discovered the French stock market.

I like to take pictures when people least expect it!

Here is the Palyais Royal with is across from the Louvre museum.





This is one of the entrances to the metro...I thought it looked pretty nifty!


I couldn't understand why this restaurant didn't sound appetizing


Just in case you can't read the name of the restaurant it is les deux magotts!


Grant and Claire in front of Abbaye Saint-Germain


I don't know who gets to sit in this seat but whoever they are they are pretty dang lucky!

As you can tell by this picture lions are mean...this is also a sculpture that is part of a fountain that doesn't run in the winter.



This would be the half of the church that is not under construction the other side wasn't worth taking a picture of.



Here is a picture of Grant walking towards this fountain, very intriguing.


This is a ballsy statue which you can't help but notice when you walk past it.

6 comments:

The Pollards said...

Ok so good to see you are still doing well. I can't believe how much it rains in paris. I think all of your pictures have been a little dark and gloomy because of it...no wonder the french are so grumpy. Are you having fun? are you doing ok? Can't wait to hear more.

Eugie said...

You know what you need...some pictures of the Eiffel Tower. It looks like you are having fun.

I think eggplant would be a good color.

The Ericksons said...

Wow, that was a lot of pictures! We love looking at them and are definitely jealous of you! Keep having a good time!

Erin said...

I like your description of the last photo...it truly describes the sculpture! The french are a little crazy...no...A LOT crazy!

I love your eiffel picture at the slight angle looking up...that's my favorite. well done!

Todd Shauna and gang said...

love to read your comments
glad you're there, wish I was coming

Debbie said...

Hey! I hope you don't mind my looking at your blog. I found it through Becky's. I just love all of the pictures you've posted from Paris. You are a very good photographer!!! I studied art history at BYU, so I especially love all of the pictures of the architecture! Everything is so beautiful! If you get a chance to go to the Louvre, make sure to take lots of pictures!