So this post isn't necessary to read I just wanted to vent a little about lacrosse.
If most of you don't already know I decided that I wasn't going to coach this year and Jordan got new head coaches. It is true that I said I don't have the time to coach but that doesn't mean I won't help out the new ones if they need it. So anyway, the new coaches have decided that they want to totally abandon the traditions of the old Jordan team-you know the one that won 4 state championships and made it to the playoffs at least every year except the first-and rely on what they know from playing at a school with a lacrosse coach that was a cheerleader and didn't know too much about lacrosse. That past just included some of the best coaches ever in the state like Soni and Eugena. It just bugs me how they can dismiss the past completely without realizing that it got Jordan to where it is today-a highly respected team. Then the JLO president keeps on asking me where the old players are and what they are doing for the team. Does everything we do for lacrosse have to be for Jordan? Are we not allowed to move on and start other teams, officiate and coach other places than at Jordan??? Last thing I promise that I am going to bring up is how people in the JLO (jordan lacrosse organization) have acted since I turned down the head coaching position. So I was talking to the girls parent rep a few months ago and I was talking with her about some of my concerns about the team and she started saying things like "well you didn't step up to coach," "I wasn't aware that you were doing anything to help" (almost in a smartalic tone) and that I think was what sent me over the top. The thing that I hate most about this situation is that I DON'T LIKE DRAMA and yet I am stuck in the middle of it trying to fight my way out.
I am ready to be completely done with Jordan lacrosse and just move on to Tribal.
Ironman!
11 years ago

1 comment:
AHH! Sounds like a pain! I think you are smart not to take head coach. That is such a tough job. not that you aren't completely qualified and over-qualified for the job, but you really don't want to deal with all the parents. i learned from my sister who used to be Dance company teacher at Bingham, that being the coach really sucks most of the time. you get parents and all kinds of people telling you how rotten you are and how their child is blah, blah, blah, whatever. You are SMART! You are making a super great choice!! Love you!
P.S. You are the greatest Lacrosse player/coach/expert I know! Granted I don't know a lot of lacrosse people, but still, you are pretty freakin' awesome!
Post a Comment