BYU WOMEN"S LACROSSE
This past year I decided to try-out for the women's lacrosse team at BYU, and by some miracle I made the team! Being on a college team takes a lot of time and commitment which is hard when you are trying to juggle a job and going to school full time (not that many of the girls weren't just as busy). For the first semester we had a few scrimages against in state teams and focused mainly on conditioning and stick skills. Then when winter semester finally came around the traveling and games really began to pick up. We had a game mostly ever week if not every other. Traveling with the team was the best part because you had a better chance to get to know the girls because you spent so much time with them. There are so many amazing girls on the team both in lacrosse and in personality. One would think that everything was perfect but I kind of felt like I wasn't really a part of the team. The girls were really nice but it seemed like everyone had a group and I didn't really fit in any of them.

Besides feeling like an outsider I didn't see much playing time, which I don't mind as much. This year was more about being able to practice with a team and being able to play my favorite sport. When a coach doesn't get the chance to see you play much they don't understand how that player works. In high school Soni and Eugena knew my strengths and weaknesses on and off the field and knew when I needed to come out of the game or practice. They also knew what I was capable of and always knew what to expect. With a new coach you have reprove what you can do and with a 4 year break between when I finished high school and playing for BYU it was a little harder to impress them.
The most frustrating part about this past year was being injured constantly. I always seem to get hurt doing the dumbest things, which makes for horrible stories later on.
Over the two semesters I managed to sprain both ankles (which had some pretty intense bruising) and had shin splints (not as bad as Nash but they still hurt). Of course all of the injuries occur after I finally start feeling like I was getting into shape, which was the most frustrating part of all.
Now the question is do I play next year?.....................
BOYS
This is a completely frustrating part of life for me. I was dating this boy sometime around November and initially I was entirely uninterested. I won't go into that more besides telling you that my roommates and a random friend or two can attest to the fact that I didn't want to date him. Eventually I talked myself into giving him a chance, and long story short we only dated for about 2 weeks. Pretty lame I know! The lesson I learned from all of this is to FOLLOW YOUR INSTINCTS!!!
Besides that lovely dating experience, it seems like the boys who I am actually interested in never seem to get the hints. The problem with just going up to the person and telling them or asking them out, is that it is usually a friend who you don't want to lose. The boys status currently is just frustrated....
Fun or maybe not so fun facts to find out about me...
Here are just a few things about me that others may or may not know.
- I love movies and own just over 300 along with a few of my favorite seasons!
- I have gotten a lot better about not letting others offend me-this took a while
- I am extremely sarcastic and if you set yourself up for it, a sarcastic remark will be coming your way!
- Strung 12 of the 26 sticks from the BYU women's lacrosse team...pretty sick of stringing right now...taught myself how to string when I was in high school.
- I like my space! So constant touching, poking and standing too close drives me nuts...expect to see me leaning back or moving away.

No comments:
Post a Comment